Yesterday was shopping day, but I still had quite a lot of leftovers in the fridge so dinner was a bit of a pot luck. Or should I say, a pot of gold 🙂
- Pork sausages, browned.
- An onion, carrot and celery mirepoix perked up with a handful of smoked pancetta lardons, 2 cloves of sliced garlic and some shredded fresh sage leaves.
- A mug of fresh chicken stock with a tablespoon of tomato paste (for colour and to thicken the finished stew).
- The end of a bag of frozen cauliflower and broccoli florets.
- Half a mug of coconut milk, smidge of Dijon mustard and a nugget of mature cheddar, grated.
- A drizzle of EVO (I need the extra fat)
[the wine was also leftover, so had to use that up too 🙂 ]