Keeping up with this week’s plan, last night’s dinner was chicken livers.
Sadly no piccies during prep as my camera conked out so only managed a phone pic of the finished dish – probably for the best.
Have to say that this was one of the tastiest chicken liver dishes I’ve had, with punchy spices and paprika (but no chilli), but it’s no Nandos Piri Piri 🙂
Yesterday was shopping day, but I still had quite a lot of leftovers in the fridge so dinner was a bit of a pot luck. Or should I say, a pot of gold 🙂
- Pork sausages, browned.
- An onion, carrot and celery mirepoix perked up with a handful of smoked pancetta lardons, 2 cloves of sliced garlic and some shredded fresh sage leaves.
- A mug of fresh chicken stock with a tablespoon of tomato paste (for colour and to thicken the finished stew).
- The end of a bag of frozen cauliflower and broccoli florets.
- Half a mug of coconut milk, smidge of Dijon mustard and a nugget of mature cheddar, grated.
- A drizzle of EVO (I need the extra fat)
[the wine was also leftover, so had to use that up too 🙂 ]