Chicken, bacon and raspberry salad
Too tired to make dinner, so outsourced.
Chicken with bacon and apple
Swede and cabbage broth with bacon
Chicken, leek and bacon in cider and crème fraiche sauce with sprouts and butternut wedges
Pork steak with creamed cabbage and bacon
Lamb liver and bacon, caramelised onions and balsamic vinegar w/ kale and roasted swede – a story in pictures
Yesterday was shopping day, but I still had quite a lot of leftovers in the fridge so dinner was a bit of a pot luck. Or should I say, a pot of gold 🙂
- Pork sausages, browned.
- An onion, carrot and celery mirepoix perked up with a handful of smoked pancetta lardons, 2 cloves of sliced garlic and some shredded fresh sage leaves.
- A mug of fresh chicken stock with a tablespoon of tomato paste (for colour and to thicken the finished stew).
- The end of a bag of frozen cauliflower and broccoli florets.
- Half a mug of coconut milk, smidge of Dijon mustard and a nugget of mature cheddar, grated.
- A drizzle of EVO (I need the extra fat)
[the wine was also leftover, so had to use that up too 🙂 ]