Grilled peaches, Serrano ham and torn mozzarella with mixed leaves, green olives and pistachios
Merguez lamb meatballs with roasted red peppers, halloumi and red onion topped with yogurt and coriander
Yesterday was shopping day, but I still had quite a lot of leftovers in the fridge so dinner was a bit of a pot luck. Or should I say, a pot of gold 🙂
- Pork sausages, browned.
- An onion, carrot and celery mirepoix perked up with a handful of smoked pancetta lardons, 2 cloves of sliced garlic and some shredded fresh sage leaves.
- A mug of fresh chicken stock with a tablespoon of tomato paste (for colour and to thicken the finished stew).
- The end of a bag of frozen cauliflower and broccoli florets.
- Half a mug of coconut milk, smidge of Dijon mustard and a nugget of mature cheddar, grated.
- A drizzle of EVO (I need the extra fat)
[the wine was also leftover, so had to use that up too 🙂 ]
90% of my breakfasts are now eggs in omelette-format, so I try to keep things interesting by varying my repertoire. Now this may sound a bit repetitive, but is this really any different to the cereal/ stuff on toast rotation most people have in the mornings?
Having raided my fridge scraps I found an orange and a green pepper, some fresh cherry toms, grated cheddar and half a pot of guacamole. Added a handful of shredded, crunchy lettuce and ta daa! Fresh, tasty, filling – what more could a girl want?